Highland dancing/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Highland dancing, or pages that link to Highland dancing or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Highland dancing. Needs checking by a human.
- Belted plaid : A large blanket-like piece of fabric which is wrapped around one's body which was a standard item of men's Highland attire in the 17th century. It is the precursor to the modern kilt.
- Dance : A continuous and mentally organised sequence of (body) movements containing an expressive character.
- Highland games : Festivals held throughout the year and in many countries of the world whose purpose is to celebrate the culture and heritage of Scotland and especially the Scottish Highlands.
- Kilt accessories : The entire range of items of wearing apparel, from headgear to footwear and everything in between, typically worn with the Scottish kilt.
- Kilt : A knee-length, skirtlike, traditional Scottish garment, usually worn by men as part of Highland attire.
- Skirt : An outerwear garment having the general shape of a cylinder, open at both ends and tapered, then fastened about the waist of the wearer. hanging down covering and encircling both legs simultaneously.