< DopamineJump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Dopamine, or pages that link to Dopamine or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Dopamine. Needs checking by a human.
- Addiction : Dependence on some agent or practice, with a tendency to increase its use and cause harm.
- Advanced cardiac life support : The use of methods and equipment, beyond the level of cardiopulmonary resuscitation but less than surgical or interventional cardiology, to treat cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Amphetamine : A synthetic central nervous system stimulant which is used, today, to treat limited medical disorders.
- Anaphylaxis : An acute allergic reaction caused by exposure to an antigen to which the patient is hypersensitive.
- Anterior pituitary : Endocrine gland that secretes hormones to regulate stress, growth, metabolism and reproduction.
- Antipsychotic agent : Class of medicines used to treat psychosis and other mental and emotional conditions.
- Arcuate nucleus : An aggregation of neurons in the mediobasal hypothalamus with important roles in appetite regulation and in the control of growth hormone secretion and prolactin secretion.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder : Behavior disorder originating in childhood in which the essential features are signs of developmentally inappropriate inattention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity.
- Biogenic amine receptor : Cell surface proteins that bind biogenic amines with high affinity and regulate intracellular signals which influence the behavior of cells.
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Caffeine : Xanthine derivative and mild stimulant that elevates cAMP levels in cells by inhibiting phosphodiesterases, commonly found in coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
- Catecholamines : A family of neurotransmitters and hormones, chemically ortho-dihydroxyphenylalkylamines derived from tyrosine, with important members including epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine
- Cocaine : A crystalline tropane alkaloid that is obtained from the leaves of the coca plant, that is both a stimulant of the central nervous system and an appetite suppressant; it is also a local anesthetic primarily used in otolaryngology
- Contrast-induced nephropathy : Acute kidney injury from radiocontrast.
- Dopamine plasma membrane transport protein : A catecholamine plasma membrane transport protein that is a sodium chloride-dependent neurotransmitter symporter located primarily on the plasma membrane of dopaminergic neuron.
- Dopamine receptor : A class of metabotropic G protein-coupled receptors that are prominent in the vertebrate central nervous system (CNS).
- Dopamine uptake inhibitor : A drug that block the transport of dopamine into axon terminals or into storage vesicles within terminals.
- Endocannabinoid system in appetite regulation : Substances produced from within the body which activate cannabinoid receptors and regulate food consumption.
- Epinephrine : A hormone (adrenalin) adrenergic systems-stimulator used in asthma and cardiac failure.
- Hallucinogen : General group of pharmacological agents classed as psychoactive drugs, which can cause subjective changes in perception, thought, emotion and consciousness.
- Hormone : A chemical director of biological activity that travels through some portion of the body as a messenger.
- Julius Axelrod : (30 May 1912 – 29 December 2004) American biochemist whose work was influential in the development of pharmaceuticals.
- List of organic compounds : Add brief definition or description
- Methamphetamine : Add brief definition or description
- Methylphenidate : Add brief definition or description
- Midodrine : Add brief definition or description
- Neurotransmitter : Add brief definition or description
- Prolactin : Add brief definition or description
- Restless legs syndrome : Add brief definition or description
- Schizophrenia : Add brief definition or description
- Synapse : Add brief definition or description
- Vasopressin : Add brief definition or description
- Vitamin C : Add brief definition or description