De Laval nozzle/Related Articles
- See also changes related to De Laval nozzle, or pages that link to De Laval nozzle or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Aeronautics : Science involved with the study, theory, design, and manufacture of flight-capable machines, or the techniques of operating aircraft.
- Aerospace engineering : The branch of engineering that concerns aircraft, spacecraft, and related topics.
- Astronautics : Add brief definition or description
- Astrophysics : Hybrid of Physics and Astronomy that attempts to explain the physical workings of the celestial objects and phenomena.
- Fluid dynamics : The branch of physics that deals with the flow of fluids, i.e., liquids and gases.
- Choked flow : A limiting point for the mass flow rate of a gas which occurs under specific conditions when the gas flows through a restriction (such as a valve, a convergent-divergent nozzle, the hole in an orifice plate, or a leak in a gas pipeline or other gas container) into a lower pressure environment.
- Energy (science) : A measurable physical quantity of a system which can be expressed in joules (the metric unit for a quantity of energy) or other measurement units such as ergs, calories, watt-hours or Btu.
- Kinetic energy (a redirect)
- Friction (science) : The force that resists the relative lateral (tangential) motion of solid surfaces, fluid layers, or other materials in contact.
- Gustave de Laval : Add brief definition or description
- Heat : A form of energy that flows spontaneously from hotter to colder bodies that are in thermal contact.
- Jet engine : A reaction engine that discharges a high velocity jet of fluid to generate thrust in accordance with Newton's laws of motion.
- Mach number : Add brief definition or description
- Piping (engineering) : A system of pipes (hollow, cylindrical tubes) used to convey liquids, gases and sometimes other materials from one location to another within industrial facilities such as petroleum refineries, chemical and petrochemical manufacturing, natural gas processing, electricity-generating power plants and others.
- Pressure : A ratio equal to the force applied perpendicular to the surface of the area divided by that area (force/area).
- Robert Goddard : Add brief definition or description
- Rocket engine : A means of generating thrust, for propulsion or for adjusting a position, based on the hot gases expelled by a mixture of chemicals that does not need an external oxygen source
- Speed of sound : Add brief definition or description
- Velocity : The rate of change of position, measured as a vector physical quantity, defined by both speed and direction in meters per second: (m/s) or ms-1 (SI units).
- Venturi tube : A section of piping consisting of an inlet converging conical section leading to a small diameter cylindrical section called the throat, followed by a diverging conical section leading to a cylindrical exit.