Choked flow/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Choked flow, or pages that link to Choked flow or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Fluid dynamics : The branch of physics that deals with the flow of fluids, i.e., liquids and gases.
- Accidental release source terms : The mathematical equations that estimate the rate at which accidental releases of air pollutants into the atmosphere may occur at industrial facilities.
- De Laval nozzle : A de Laval nozzle is a tube, pinched in the middle, which is used to accelerate a hot, pressurized gas flowing through it to a supersonic speed so as to maximize the amount of the hot inlet gas heat energy that is converted into exhaust gas kinetic energy.
- Gas : One of the major states of matter (i.e., gas, liquid, solid and plasma).
- Specific heat ratio : The ratio of the specific heat of a gas at constant pressure, , to the specific heat at constant volume, , also sometimes called the adiabatic index or the heat capacity ratio or the isentropic expansion factor.