Critical period/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Critical period, or pages that link to Critical period or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Critical period. Needs checking by a human.
- Child abuse : The act of intentionally harming a child, or the results of that act.
- Critical period hypothesis : Hypothesis which claims that there is an ideal 'window' of time to acquire language in a linguistically rich environment, after which this is no longer possible.
- Dog : Domesticated canine often kept as a pet or as a working animal and known as 'man's best friend'.
- First language acquisition : Study of the processes through which humans acquire language, specifically first languages, which studies infants' acquisition of their native language.
- Fossilization (language acquisition) : loss of progress in second language acquisition, where learners no longer move towards native-like ability in the second language, often despite constant exposure to it.
- Language acquisition : The study of how language comes to users of first and second languages.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Psycholinguistics : Study of the psychological and neurobiological factors that enable humans to acquire, use, comprehend and produce language.
- Second language acquisition : Process by which people learn a second language in addition to their native language(s), where the language to be learned is often referred to as the 'target language'.