- See also changes related to Cholesterol, or pages that link to Cholesterol or to this page or whose text .
- Sterol : Add brief definition or description
- Coronary heart disease : Disease of the heart that involves narrowing of the coronary arteries.
- Stroke : A sudden loss of brain function due to interrupted blood supply.
- Hypercholesterolemia : Presence of an abnormally large amount of cholesterol in the cells and plasma of the circulating blood.
- Hypoalphalipoproteinemia : High-density lipoprotein deficiency, inherited in an autosomal dominant manner, and associated with LDL receptors.
- HDL cholesterol : Add brief definition or description
- LDL cholesterol : Cholesterol bound to lipoproteins that carry it from the liver to cells where it is used, but, more importantly, to blood vessels where it can be deposited
- High-density lipoproteins : Add brief definition or description
- Low-density lipoproteins : Add brief definition or description
- Steroid : Hormone group that controls metabolism, catabolism, growth, electrolyte balance and sexual characteristics.
- Bile : Bile acids, bile salts, cholesterol and electrolytes produced in the liver and secreted into the duodenum via the common bile duct.
- Lipid : Group of organic compounds, including the fats, oils, waxes, sterols, and triglycerides, that are insoluble in water but soluble in nonpolar organic solvents, and together with carbohydrates and proteins constitute the principal structural material of living cells.
- Metabolic syndrome : Clustering of medical conditions associated with abdominal obesity, hypertriglyceridemia, low level of high-density lipoproteins, hypertension, and high fasting glucose level.