Applied statistics/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Applied statistics, or pages that link to Applied statistics or to this page or whose text .
- Bayes Theorem : Result giving the conditional probability of B given A in terms of the probabilities of A and B and the conditional probability of A given B.
- Mathematics : The study of quantities, structures, their relations, and changes thereof.
- Normal distribution : a symmetrical bell-shaped probability distribution representing the frequency of random variations of a quantity from its mean.
- Poisson distribution : a probability distribution that is typically used to model the number of independent events (occurring at a constant average rate) that fall within a stated interval.
- Probability : a numerical measure - on a scale of 0 to 1 - of the likelihood of an event, based either upon objective evidence or upon subjective judgement.
- Probability distributions : a mathematical expression that defines the probability of occurrence of every possible value of a random variable.
- Random variable : a variable whose value is determined by chance rather than as a result of a known cause.
- Scientific method : The concept of systematic inquiry based on hypotheses and their testing in light of empirical evidence.
- Statistics theory : A branch of mathematics that specializes in enumeration, or counted, data and their relation to measured data.
- The Design of Experiments : A monograph (1935) by R.A. Fisher in which he established formal statistical methods for rigorously evaluating the outcomes of controlled experiments.
- Free statistical software : This article briefly describes what free software is available for conducting statistical analysis of data.
- Factor analysis : Statistical technique used to explain variability among observed random variables in terms of fewer unobserved random variables called factors.
- Psychometrics : Field of study concerned with the theory and technique of educational and psychological measurement, which includes the measurement of knowledge, abilities, attitudes, and personality traits.