Antiviral drug/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Antiviral drug, or pages that link to Antiviral drug or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Antiviral drug. Needs checking by a human.
- 2009 H1N1 influenza virus : A contagious influenza A virus discovered in April 2009, commonly known as swine flu.
- Abacavir : A nucleoside analog reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI) used to treat HIV/AIDS.
- Acyclovir : An antiviral, anti-metabolite drug, similar to guanine, that acts as a viral DNA chain terminator.
- Amprenavir : A protease inhibitor antiviral medication used to treat HIV infection.
- Cidofovir : A cytosine-based antiviral drug for treating herpes cytomegalovirus retinitis associated with HIV/AIDS.
- Delavirdine : An antiviral drug and reverse transcriptase inhibitor (nNRTI) specific for HIV-1.
- Emtricitabine : A nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI) antiviral drug used to treat HIV/AIDS.
- Famciclovir : Antiviral drug used for the treatment of herpes viruses, especially herpes zoster (shingles).
- Foscarnet : Antiviral for treating infections in patients with compromised immune systems, often associated with AIDS.
- Ganciclovir : Antiviral drug used to treat herpesviruses, particularly cytomegalovirus associated with HIV/AIDS.
- Highly active antiretroviral therapy : Drug regimens for treating HIV infections, usually with three or more drugs including an HIV protease inhibitor.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus : An infectious human retrovirus, transmitted by bodily fluids, that causes AIDS.
- Idoxuridine : An antiviral drug that inhibits viral DNA synthesis.
- Indinavir : A protease inhibitor drug used to treat HIV/AIDS.
- Influenza : An acute viral infection in humans involving the respiratory tract; the viruses are discussed in separate articles
- Ketoconazole : Azole-based antifungal drug.
- Nelfinavir : An antiviral protease inhibitor used to treat HIV/AIDS
- Penciclovir : antiviral drug used to treat herpes virus infections
- Protease inhibitor : Chemical compound that inhibits the functions of protease enzymes to control viral infections.
- Ribavirin : A nucleoside antimetabolite antiviral drug that blocks nucleic acid synthesis.
- Rimantadine : An orally administered antiviral drug used to treat, and prevent, the Influenzavirus A virus.
- Ritonavir : An antiretroviral drug from the protease inhibitor class used to treat HIV infection and AIDS.
- Saquinavir : An antiretroviral drug used in HIV therapy that works by inhibiting protease in HIV.
- Stavudine : Antiviral drug that inhibits reverse transcriptase and is used to treat HIV/AIDS.
- Tenofovir : A nucleotide analog reverse transcritase inhibitor (nRTI) antiviral drug used to treat HIV/AIDS.
- Tipranavir : Protease inhibitor used to treat HIV/AIDS in combination with ritonavir.
- Vidarabine : An antiviral drug with antiviral properties against DNA viruses that is an analog of the nucleoside adenosine.
- Virology : The study of viruses, sometimes included in the field of microbiology.
- Zalcitabine : A dideoxynucleoside antiviral drug, similar to cytosine, that inhibits HIV-1 reverse transcriptase.
- Zanamivir : A guanido-neuraminic acid that is a neuraminidase inhibitor used as an antiviral drug to treat influenza A and B.
- Zidovudine : A reverse transcriptase inhibitor, antiviral drug used to treat viruses including HIV/AIDSs.