Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Aldosterone, or pages that link to Aldosterone or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Aldosterone. Needs checking by a human.
- Angiotensin receptor : Cell surface proteins that bind angiotensins and trigger intracellular changes influencing the behavior of cells.
- Angiotensin : Oligopeptides which are important in the regulation of blood pressure (vasoconstriction) and fluid homeostasis via the renin-angiotensin system. These include angiotensins derived naturally from precursor angiotensinogen, and those synthesized.
- Ascites : Accumulation of serous fluids in the space between the tissues and organs of the abdominal cavity.
- Corticosteroid : Steroid hormones mainly produced by the adrenal cortex.
- Drugs banned from the Olympics : Substances prohibited for use by athletes prior to, and during competing in the Olympics.
- Eplerenone : An aldosterone receptor agonist, similar to spironolactone.
- Fludrocortisone : A synthetic steroid used therapeutically to increase blood pressure by lowering the amount of salt the body excretes.
- Heart failure : Defective cardiac filling and/or impaired contraction and emptying, resulting in the heart's inability to pump a sufficient amount of blood to meet the needs of the body tissues or to be able to do so only with an elevated filling pressure.
- Hormone : A chemical director of biological activity that travels through some portion of the body as a messenger.
- Hypertension : A multisystem disease whose hallmark is the elevation of blood pressure.
- Ketoconazole : Azole-based antifungal drug.
- List of organic compounds : Add brief definition or description
- Renin-angiotensin system : A blood pressure regulating system of interacting components that include renin; angiotensinogen; angiotensin converting enzyme; angiotensin I; angiotensin II; and angiotensinase.
- Salt and health : Article describing health effects of salt (sodium chloride) in the diet, giving governments' recommendations for consumption.
- Spironolactone : A steroid derivative and antiandrogen, that blocks the action of aldosterone, and used as a diuretic primarily in the treatment of hypertension.
- Steroid : Hormone group that controls metabolism, catabolism, growth, electrolyte balance and sexual characteristics.