Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Ascites. Needs checking by a human.
- Aldosterone : Major mineralocorticoid steroid hormone that controls electrolytes, blood pressure and hydration.
- Child-Pugh Score : Tool that correlates closely to morbidity and mortality in patients with liver disease.
- Cirrhosis : A liver disease in which the normal microcirculation, the gross vascular anatomy, and the hepatic architecture have been variably destroyed and altered with fibrous septa surrounding regenerated or regenerating parenchymal nodules.
- Dengue fever : A viral disease transmitted by mosquitoes and is endemic in tropical and subtropical regions.
- Hemochromatosis : Hereditary disorder affecting iron metabolism in which excessive amounts of iron accumulate in the body tissues, characterized by diabetes mellitus, liver dysfunction, and a bronze pigmentation of the skin.
- MELD Score : Numerical scale used to prioritize liver transplant candidates, and predict hepatic mortality.
- Paracentesis : A procedure in health care in which fluid is withdrawn from a body cavity via a trocar and cannula, needle, or other hollow instrument.
- Peritonitis : An inflammation of the peritoneum (the serous membrane which lines part of the abdominal cavity and some of the viscera it contains).
- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis : Form of peritonitis that occurs in patients with cirrhosis and children with nephrotic syndrome.