Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Hypertension, or pages that link to Hypertension or to this page or whose text .
- Circulatory system : Organ system that passes nutrients, gases, hormones, blood cells, nitrogen waste products, etc. to and from cells in the body.
- Renin-angiotensin system : A blood pressure regulating system of interacting components that include renin; angiotensinogen; angiotensin converting enzyme; angiotensin I; angiotensin II; and angiotensinase.
- Pheochromocytoma : Add brief definition or description
- Renal artery stenosis : Narrowing of the renal artery, most often caused by atherosclerosis or fibromuscular dysplasia.
- Sodium nitroprusside : An extremely potent antihypertensive drug that acts in seconds and is administered by continuous intravenous infusion, using a microdrip pump, in critical care settings
- Antihypertensive : is a drug or pharmacological agent used to treat hypertension.
- Diuretic : Agents that promote the excretion of urine through their effects on kidney function.
- Beta-adrenergic antagonist : Add brief definition or description
- Calcium channel blocker : Add brief definition or description
- Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor : Add brief definition or description
- Angiotensin-2 receptor blocker : Add brief definition or description
- Direct vasodilator : Add brief definition or description
- Endothelium-derived relaxing factor : Add brief definition or description
- Heart failure : Defective cardiac filling and/or impaired contraction and emptying, resulting in the heart's inability to pump a sufficient amount of blood to meet the needs of the body tissues or to be able to do so only with an elevated filling pressure.