World Heritage site/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to World Heritage site, or pages that link to World Heritage site or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/World Heritage site. Needs checking by a human.
- Australia : Continent in the Southern Hemisphere and the federal parliamentary nation that occupies it.
- Castle : A building which was designed to protect people and property inside, and typically belonged to an important or wealthy person such as a lord or monarch.
- Cradle of Humankind : A World Heritage site in South Africa, which comprises three localities containing numerous fossil-bearing caves.
- Culture of Japan : Set of traditions, pastimes, artistic expression, use of language, belief systems and so on that distinguishes Japan from other nations.
- Himeji Castle : Sixteenth-century Japanese fortification, built of wood rather than stone and well-preserved, with a maze of pathways designed to confuse invaders; today a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Lübeck : Second largest city in Schleswig-Holstein, in northern Germany, one of the major ports of Germany it was for several centuries the 'capital' of the Hanseatic League.
- Macau : A Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, and former Portuguese colony, located on the South China Sea south of Guangzhou.
- Machu Picchu : An archaeological site in the Andes just northwest of Cusco, Peru built by the Incas in about 1450 AD.
- Mexico : A country in North America, bordering the United States on the north and Guatemala and Belize on the south.
- Middle East : A geographical region in Asia that also contains small parts of Europe and Africa.
- Oceania : A major geographical region of the planet Earth, mostly in the southern hemisphere, consisting of Australasia (the Australian continent and New Zealand), Micronesia, Melanesia and Polynesia.
- Sterkfontein cave : One of the most important fossil sites for understanding human origins in Africa, discovered near Krugersdorp, South Africa in 1936.
- Strasbourg : Capital of Alsace in France.
- UNESCO : Specialized agency of the UN, created in 1946, to aid peace by promoting international cooperation in education, science, and culture.