Himeji Castle/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Himeji Castle, or pages that link to Himeji Castle or to this page or whose text .
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Culture of Japan : Set of traditions, pastimes, artistic expression, use of language, belief systems and so on that distinguishes Japan from other nations.
- Castle : A building which was designed to protect people and property inside, and typically belonged to an important or wealthy person such as a lord or monarch.
- Castles in Japan
- Himeji : Add brief definition or description
- Hideyoshi Toyotomi : (豊臣秀吉 Toyotomi Hideyoshi, 1536?-1598) Japanese feudal warlord, regarded as one of the nation's greatest military leaders and a unifying figure in mediaeval Japan, elevated to the status of a deity in the traditional Shinto religion after his death.
- World Heritage site : A place included in a list maintained by the World Heritage Centre of UNESCO with the aim of cataloguing sites of particular natural or cultural importance to the whole of mankind.
- World War II : War between the Allies (most notably the UK, US and Soviet Union) and the Axis (principally Germany and Japan) 1939–1945.