Culture of Japan/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Culture of Japan, or pages that link to Culture of Japan or to this page or whose text .
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Ainu people : Indigenous people of northern Japan and the Russian Far East.
- Okinawan people : Add brief definition or description
- Burakumin : Add brief definition or description
- Japanese residents of colonial descent : Japanese and non-Japanese citizens who trace their origins back to Japan's colonial period.
- Japanese popular culture : Add brief definition or description
- Japanese media : Newspapers, magazines, television, radio and internet sites in Japan.
- Manga : Japanese or Japanese-style comics.
- Karaoke : Add brief definition or description
- Pokémon : Nintendo-owned entertainment franchise based on computer game where players collect "pocket monsters" and use them in RPG-style battles.
- Japanese language : (日本語 Nihongo), Japonic language spoken mostly in Japan; Japonic family's linguistic relationship to other tongues yet to be established, though Japanese may be related to Korean; written in a combination of Chinese-derived characters (漢字 kanji) and native hiragana (ひらがな) and katakana (カタカナ) scripts; about 125,000,000 native speakers worldwide.
- Ainu language : Endangered language of the Ainu people, spoken in parts of northern Japan and the Russian Far East.
- Ryukyuan languages : Add brief definition or description
- Japanese English : English as used by native speakers of Japanese, either for communicating with non-Japanese speakers or commercial and entertainment purposes. Includes vocabulary and usages not found in the native English-speaking world.
- Shigin : A form of Japanese poetry, which is usually chanted, either individually or within a group.
- Shichigon-zekku : Japanese term for a poetry verse form consisting of four phrases each seven Chinese characters in length.
- Ukiyoe : Add brief definition or description
- Ikebana : Add brief definition or description
- Kabuki : Add brief definition or description
- Noh : Add brief definition or description
- : Traditional Japanese garment, worn by both men and women, consisting of a long, ankle-length gown with full, flowing sleeves.
- Geta : A kind of Japanese shoe with a flat wooden sole raised by one or more 'teeth'.
- Sushi : (寿司, 鮓 or 鮨) any food made with vinegared rice in Japanese cuisine; may include raw or cooked vegetables, raw fish (刺身 sashimi) or other ingredients, and is typically served with soy sauce and wasabi (わさび or 山葵).
- Shinto : Add brief definition or description
- Buddhism : Spiritual tradition founded on the teachings of the Buddha.