User talk:Brendan "Emerson" White
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Hayford Peirce 15:05, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
Hi Brendan, welcome aboard CZ. Hayford has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical suggestions on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Cell (biology) : The basic unit of life, consisting of biochemical networks enclosed by a membrane.
- Cell biology : The study of the components of biological cells and their interactions.
- Molecular biology : The study of molecular interactions within cells.
- Biochemistry : The chemistry of living things; a field of both biology and chemistry.
- Biophysics : The study of forces and energies in biological systems.
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Philosophy : The study of the meaning and justification of beliefs about the most general, or universal, aspects of things.
- Skepticism : Add brief definition or description
- Pseudoscience : Any theory, or system of theories, that is deceptively claimed to be scientific.
- Psychology : The study of systemic properties of the brain and their relation to behaviour.
- Health : The default state of an organism under optimal conditions, a state characterized by the absence of disease and by the slowest natural rate of senescing.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Dyslexia : Add brief definition or description
- Spell-checking : Add brief definition or description
- Bachelor : Add brief definition or description
- PhD : A common abbreviation for Doctor of Philosophy.
- MD : Add brief definition or description
- Colorado : State in the western United States.
- Alaska : The largest and most northerly state in the United States of America but sparse in population (pop. 670,053).
- Anchorage : Add brief definition or description
Furthermore, in case you are involved in homework assignments, please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Finally, you can help future newcomers by giving your feedback on the above suggestions. To do so, please leave a note on my talk page.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, --Daniel Mietchen 16:17, 16 April 2010 (UTC)