- See also changes related to Philosophy, or pages that link to Philosophy or to this page or whose text .
- Humanities : Academic disciplines which deal with the human condition and what it is to be human.
As with any field of academic study, philosophy has a number of subdisciplines. Philosophy in fact seems to have a huge number of subdisciplines, in no small part due to the fact that there tends to be a "philosophy of" nearly everything else that is studied. The beginner is invited particularly to pay attention to logic, metaphysics, philosophy of mind, philosophy of language, epistemology, philosophy of science, ethics, and political philosophy as--arguably, of course--the "central disciplines" of philosophy.
- Aesthetics : Discipline of philosophy which deals with understanding aesthetic evaluation and judgment through the application of reason.
- Ancient philosophy : The study of philosophy in civilizations such as ancient Greece and Rome.
- Continental philosophy : Collective term for the many distinct philospohical traditions, methods, and styles that predominated on the European continent (particularly France and Germany) from the time of Immanuel Kant.
- Epistemology : Philosophical discipline dealing with the nature of knowledge and justification of beliefs.
- Ethics : The branch of philosophy dealing with standards of good and evil.
- Hermeneutics : Study of the methods used in interpreting texts.
- History of philosophy : Add brief definition or description
- Jurisprudence : Philosophy and theory of law and legal judgment.
- Logic : The study of the standards and practices of correct argumentation.
- Metaphilosophy : Add brief definition or description
- Metaphysics : Branch of philosophy concerned with explaining the nature of the world.
- Ontology : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See ontology (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Phenomenology : Add brief definition or description
- Philosophy of biology : Add brief definition or description
- Philosophy of education : Add brief definition or description
- Philosophy of language : Philosophical study of the nature and use of natural languages and the relations between language, language users, and the world.
- Philosophy of law : Add brief definition or description
- Philosophy of mind : Philosophical discipline which deals with the nature of, and knowledge of, the mind, the brain and mental functions and phenomena.
- Philosophy of perception : Add brief definition or description
- Philosophy of physics : Add brief definition or description
- Philosophy of psychology : Add brief definition or description
- Philosophy of religion : Branch of philosophy concerned with religion.
- Philosophy of science : Philosophical study of the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
- Philosophy of social sciences : Add brief definition or description
- Political philosophy : Branch of philosophy that deals with fundamental questions about politics.
- Critical theory : Add brief definition or description
- Postmodernism : A broad collection of critical theories, political attitudes and literary and artistic practices that react to what postmodernists feel to be a modernist culture - one defined by belief in scientific knowledge, moral authority, historical progress and a foundationalist view of language and the self.
- Psychology : The study of systemic properties of the brain and their relation to behaviour.
- Wisdom : Important and helpful human knowledge based on experience combined with intelligence gleaned by learning over many years.