From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- British Isles : Group of islands off the northwest coast of Europe comprising Great Britain, Ireland, and adjacent smaller islands.
- Provinces of Ireland : Add brief definition or description
- Counties of Ireland : Traditional and local government subdivisions of the island of Ireland.
- Counties of the United Kingdom : Add brief definition or description
- Ireland (state) : Republic (population c. 4.2 million; capital Dublin) comprising about 85% of the Atlantic island of Ireland, west of Great Britain.
- Northern Ireland : Part of the United Kingdom comprising six of the nine counties of the Irish province of Ulster; population about 1,800,000.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Connacht : Western province of Ireland.
- Leinster : Add brief definition or description
- Munster : South-western province of Ireland.
- Ireland (island) : An island to the west coast of Great Britain, comprising the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.