The Troubles (Ireland)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to The Troubles (Ireland), or pages that link to The Troubles (Ireland) or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/The Troubles (Ireland). Needs checking by a human.
- Great Britain : The largest part of the United Kingdom, comprising England, Scotland, Wales and islands immediately off their coasts.
- Insurgency : A wide range of political and military actions intended to change a government, through means considered illegal by that government.
- History of Ireland : History of Ireland from the 4th century BC to 1923.
- Questia : An online commercial digital library of books and articles with an academic orientation.
- Republicanism : The political ideology of a nation as a republic, with an emphasis on liberty, rule by the people, and the civic virtue practiced by citizens.
- Taoiseach : Taoiseach is the title given to the prime minister of Ireland.
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- Ulster Unionism : Ideology that favours the maintenance or strengthening of the political and cultural ties between Ireland and Great Britain.
- Ulster Volunteer Force : The name of one, and possibly two separate, loyalist paramilitary forces in Northern Ireland near the beginning and end of the twentieth century.