Stephen Krashen/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Stephen Krashen, or pages that link to Stephen Krashen or to this page or whose text .
- Language : A type of communication system; this term is used in linguistics, computer science and other fields to refer to different systems, including 'natural language' in humans, programming languages run on computers, and so on.
- Natural language : A communication system based on sequences of acoustic, visual or tactile symbols that serve as units of meaning.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Language acquisition : The study of how language comes to users of first and second languages.
- Second language acquisition : Process by which people learn a second language in addition to their native language(s), where the language to be learned is often referred to as the 'target language'.
- Applied linguistics : The application of linguistic theories to practical issues and problems, such as language learning.
- Multilingualism : The state of knowing two or more languages, either in individuals or whole speech communities.
- Bilingual education : Add brief definition or description
- Neurolinguistics : Add brief definition or description
- Literacy : The competency to understand (and usually use) written language.
- Reading : Process of understanding and gaining knowledge from written text.
- Monitor theory : Hypotheses developed by the linguist Stephen Krashen to explain and predict the process of second language acquisition.
- Natural approach : Add brief definition or description