Reading (process)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Reading (process), or pages that link to Reading (process) or to this page or whose text .
- Literacy : The competency to understand (and usually use) written language.
- Literary reading : The reading of fiction, poetry or drama
- Analytic reading : The cognitive process of reading text and breaking it into components, which can be compared and contrasted with other material
- Deep reading : Add brief definition or description
- Diagonal reading : Add brief definition or description
- Screen reading : Add brief definition or description
- Speed reading : Collection of reading methods which attempt to increase rates of reading without greatly reducing comprehension or retention.
- Writing : The process of recording thoughts or speech in a visually or haptically retrievable manner.
- Written language : The communication and representation of a language by means of a writing system.
- Books : Add brief definition or description
- E-books : Add brief definition or description
- Education : Learning and teaching activities for the purpose of acquiring knowledge, skills or social norms.
- Is Google Making Us Stupid? : Article in the July/August, 2008 issue of The Atlantic magazine about the effects of the Internet on cognition