Many thanks September donors. October donations open to all users. - Donate here
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes and topics related to Psycholinguistics, or pages that link to Psycholinguistics or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Psycholinguistics. Needs checking by a human.
- Amphiboly : The phenomenon wherein one sentence (or, more generally, one string of symbols) in a language obtains two or more constituent structures (see syntax) according to one grammar.
- Code-switching : Linguistics term denoting the concurrent use of more than one language, or language variety, in conversation.
- Cognitive linguistics : School of linguistics that understands language creation, learning, and usage as best explained by reference to human cognition in general.
- Generative linguistics : School of thought within linguistics that makes use of the concept of a generative grammar.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Low Educated Second Language and Literacy Acquisition : (LESLLA) forum for research into the development of second language acquisition skills by adult immigrants with little or no formal education.
- Natural language : A communication system based on sequences of acoustic, visual or tactile symbols that serve as units of meaning.
- Noam Chomsky : American linguist, MIT professor and left-wing political activist.
- Pragmatics : Branch of linguistics concerned with language in use or the study of meaning as it arises from language occurring in context.
- Theoretical linguistics : Core field of linguistics, which attempts to establish the characteristics of the system of language itself by postulating models of linguistic competence common to all humans.
- Vocal learning : The ability of an organism to imitate sounds not inborn to it.