Monitor theory/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Monitor theory, or pages that link to Monitor theory or to this page or whose text .
- Language : A type of communication system; this term is used in linguistics, computer science and other fields to refer to different systems, including 'natural language' in humans, programming languages run on computers, and so on.
- Natural language : A communication system based on sequences of acoustic, visual or tactile symbols that serve as units of meaning.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- Language acquisition : The study of how language comes to users of first and second languages.
- Second language acquisition : Process by which people learn a second language in addition to their native language(s), where the language to be learned is often referred to as the 'target language'.
- Applied linguistics : The application of linguistic theories to practical issues and problems, such as language learning.
- Stephen Krashen : emeritus professor of education at the University of Southern California; his research concerns second language acquisition (SLA), bilingual education, literacy and neurolinguistics.
- First language acquisition : Study of the processes through which humans acquire language, specifically first languages, which studies infants' acquisition of their native language.