Persian language/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Persian language, or pages that link to Persian language or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Persian language. Needs checking by a human.
- Arabic language : is a Semitic language used by Islam and is an official or co-official language in the 22 countries which together make up the Arab World.
- Asphalt (paving) : A mix of bitumen (petroleum tar), aggregate and additives. A typical paving asphalt consists to 90 to 95 percent by weight of aggregate and 5 to 10 % of bitumen.
- Asphalt (petroleum) : A sticky, black and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid that is present in most petroleum crude oils and in some natural deposits.
- Azerbaijan : A country variously considered part of Central Asia or Southwestern Asia, with a shore on the Caspian Sea, major borders with Iran and Russia, a tense border with Armenia and a small European portion north of the Caucasus Mountains
- Catalog of artworks known in English by a foreign title : Add brief definition or description
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Dialect continuum : Range of dialects spoken across a large geographical area, differing only slightly between areas that are geographically close, and gradually decreasing in mutual intelligibility as the distances become greater.
- England : The largest and southernmost country in the United Kingdom, and location of the largest city and seat of government, London; population about 51,000,000.
- Hinduism : A diffuse set of cultural and religious practices that originated on the Indian subcontinent.
- History of linguistics : Chronological study of the science which endeavours to describe and explain the human faculty of language.
- India : Republic in South Asia; the world's largest democracy. Borders Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, China, Nepal, Pakistan
- Iran : Country in the Middle East.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad : (1956–) President of Iran since 6th August 2005.
- Manichaeism : Religious movement popular in Persia and the Middle East circa. third century CE, combining Zoroastrian and Christian beliefs. Beliefs are broadly dualistic, seeing the world as being a battle between good and evil.
- Natural language : A communication system based on sequences of acoustic, visual or tactile symbols that serve as units of meaning.
- Omar Khayyam : Persian mathematician, astronomer and poet who died in 1131.
- Panthera tigris (Tiger) : Large carnivorous feline mammal of Asia, having a tawny coat with transverse black stripes, a member of the Felidae family, and the largest of the four 'big cats' in the genus Panthera.
- Persian (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Punjabi language : The language of the Punjabi people and the Punjab regions of India and Pakistan.
- Rook (chess) : A chess piece that may move in a straight line over any number of empty squares in a rank or file.
- Shahnameh : "The Book of Kings," Persian epic written 975-1010 CE by the poet Ferdowsi.
- Sheriar Mundegar Irani : Add brief definition or description
- Taj Mahal : 17th century mausoleum complex, located on the south bank of the River Yamuna in Agra, India.
- Tajik alphabet : Add brief definition or description
- The Báb : (October 20, 1819 – July 9,1850) The founder and prophet of The Bábí Faith or Babism.
- Uzbek : An ethnic group of Central Asia, speaking a Turkic language