Asphalt (paving)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Asphalt (paving), or pages that link to Asphalt (paving) or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Civil engineering : A broad field of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and maintenance of fixed structures, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and water supply and sewage systems.
- Asphalt (petroleum) : A sticky, black and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid that is present in most petroleum crude oils and in some natural deposits.
- Concrete : Construction material consisting of cement, aggregate (generally gravel and sand), water and admixtures.
- Road construction : The act of designing, building and maintaining pavements and upper layers of transportation routes.
- R-value (soils) : California Test 301 for measuring the response of a compacted sample of soil or aggregate to a vertically applied pressure under specific conditions.