From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Nucleoside, or pages that link to Nucleoside or to this page or whose text .
- DNA : A macromolecule — chemically, a nucleic acid — that stores genetic information.
- RNA : A polymer, made using the nucleotides of adenosine, guanosine, uridine and cytidine, that is used for a variety of biological functions in living systems.
- Deoxyribose : Add brief definition or description
- Ribose : Add brief definition or description
- Bases : In the context of nucleic acids, the non-sugar part of nucleotides, which can be either a pyrimidine (usually cytosine, thymine, or uracil) or a purine (usually adenine or guanine).
- Purine : Add brief definition or description
- Pyrimidine : Add brief definition or description
- Nucleotide : A repeating unit in nucleic acid polymers consisting of a purine or pyrimidine base, a pentose sugar, and a phosphate group.
- Gene : The functional unit of heredity.
- Allele : A specific sequence of a gene, and one of a pair in a diploid cell (one per chromosome).
- Codon : Add brief definition or description
- Hydrogen bond : A non-covalent and non-ionic chemical bond involving a hydrogen atom and either Fluorine, Nitrogen, or Oxygen.