Nguyen Khanh/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Nguyen Khanh, or pages that link to Nguyen Khanh or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Nguyen Khanh. Needs checking by a human.
- CIA activities in Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Charles de Gaulle : French military and political leader who died in 1970.
- Government of the Republic of Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. : (1902-1985) was a representative and Senator from Massachusetts, Vice Presidential nominee (1960) and ambassador to Vietnam.
- High Legislative Council : A Buddhist-dominated 17-member body, which selected the government of South Vietnam, led by generals Nguyen Khanh (figurehead) and Duong Van Minh (actual), formed a government of neutralist sympathy in September 1964
- Joint warfare in South Vietnam 1964-1968 : The period of the Vietnam War in which large numbers of foreign ground troops, primarily but not exclusively U.S., allied with the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam against the People's Army of Viet Nam and the Viet Cong
- Le Van Kim : A South Vietnamese general, of neutralist ideology, who distinguished himself in pacification operations but was later frozen out of politics and command
- Military Revolutionary Council : The group of Army of the Republic of Viet Nam officers that overthrew Ngo Dinh Diem in November 1963, and ruled until they were overthrown by another military group in January 1964, some generals belonging to both the November and January juntas
- Nguyen Van Thieu : Vietnamese officer and politician (1923–2001); president of South Vietnam 1967–1975.
- Phan Khac Suu : Add brief definition or description
- Ton That Dinh : An Army of the Republic of Vietnam general that was in the November 1963 junta and replaced by the January 1964 junta
- Tran Thien Khiem : An Army of the Republic of Vietnam general that suppressed a 1960 coup against Ngo Dinh Diem, participated in the Military Revolutionary Council (MRC) coup of November 1963, and then participating in the 1964 overthrow of the MRC by a new junta
- Tran Van Don : Vietnamese military officer who fought against the Viet Minh with the French, then became a general under Ngo Dinh Diem, but participated in the 1963 overthrow of Diem
- Tran Van Huong : South Vietnamese civilian politician, a Catholic but generally opposed to Ngo Dinh Diem, who was Prime Minister twice as well as Vice President, under military dominated rule but maintaining a certain personal independence and integrity, if authoritarianism
- U.S. support to South Vietnam before Gulf of Tonkin : A period of overt advisory and combat support by the U.S. to South Vietnam, from roughly 1962 to mid-1964
- Vietnamese Buddhism : The political role of Buddhism in the Vietnam War and a comparison with other regional versions of Buddhism.