From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Asia : The largest continent in both land area (with 30% of Earth's land area) and population (with 4 billion people, or 60% of Earth's population).
- Ho Chi Minh : Vietnamese communist and nationalist leader and revolutionary (1890–1969); president of North Vietnam 1946–1969.
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Ao dai : Add brief definition or description
- Vietnamese cuisine : The cooking styles of Vietnam, mixing flavors native to the region with French and Chinese influences
Regions and Provinces
- Annam : The central region in those parts of French Indochina that eventually became South Vietnam; was the Kingdom of Dai Viet and then the Empire of Annam
- Central Highlands : Group of three provinces in Vietnam, bordering Laos and Cambodia to the west, and the south central coastal provinces of Vietnam to the east.
- Cochin China and the Mekong River Delta : In French Indochina, the southernmost part of Vietnam, including the Mekong Delta; roughly corresponded to IV Corps tactical zone of the Republic of Vietnam
- Tonkin : The northernmost part of Vietnam, located on the fertile delta of the Red River.
- Quang Tri : A province in present-day north central Vietnam, which was the northernmost province of South Vietnam, and remains one of the most war-damaged parts of the country
- Da Nang : A coastal city approximately in the middle of Vietnam, which is an transportation hub for central Vietnam and was a major military base during the Vietnam War
- Haiphong : Vietnam's third largest city and second largest port, and largest transportation area for northern Vietnam; key military supply import point during the Vietnam War
- Hanoi : Located on the Red River in northern Vietnam (i.e., Tonkin), it is the national capital, about 65 miles west of Haiphong, on the South China Sea
- Kontum : In Vietnam, the capital of Kontum Province, near Pleiku and Plei Me; Highway 14 runs through it,and Highway 24 connects it to Quang Ngai.
- Pleiku : The capital of Gia Lai Province of Vietnam; headquarters of the II Corps tactical zone during the Vietnam War
- Saigon or Ho Chi Minh City : The largest city of Vietnam, renamed Ho Chi Minh City after reunification of the North and South in 1975
- National Highway 1 (Vietnam) : Stretching from the Chinese border into the Mekong Delta, this is the main north-south road of Vietnam.
- National Highway 9 (Vietnam) : An east-west highway that was near the Demilitarized Zone of the two Vietnams, and strategic in terms of cross-border operations and mobility inside South Vietnam during the Vietnam War
- National Highway 14 (Vietnam) : A highway connecting Ban Me Thuot, Pleiku, Kontum and Thua Thien, in central Vietnam
- National Highway 19 (Vietnam) : A highway in Central Vietnam, which connects the seaport of Qui Nhon, via An Khe to Pleiku.