National Highway 19 (Vietnam)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to National Highway 19 (Vietnam), or pages that link to National Highway 19 (Vietnam) or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/National Highway 19 (Vietnam). Needs checking by a human.
- Battle of the Ia Drang : First divisional-scale battle involving helicopter-borne air assault troops, with U.S. forces against those of North Vietnam
- Binh Dinh Province : A coastal province of central Vietnam
- Fall of South Vietnam : The result of a series of conventional military actions by the People's Army of Viet Nam, under the direction of the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, which led to the dissolution of the Republic of Vietnam and the reunification of North and South Vietnam into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- General Offensive-General Uprising : A series of strategic concepts, still not fully understood in the West, from the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, differing from Chinese and Soviet doctrine, and focused on creating the conditions for victory in first 1965, and then 1968. The eventual execution did not succeed, and caused a change in strategic direction, as well as shifts in power in the Party, after the Tet Offensive.
- Indochinese revolution : The period, within the Wars of Vietnam, 1858-1987, between which France reasserted its colonial authority over Indochina in 1945, created a proto-state of Vietnam under a provisional government during which there was increasing insurgency, fought conventionally combat with the Viet Minh starting in 1950, and ended in 1954. The end, militarily, involved the defeat of French forces at Dien Bien Phu and. politically, with the creation of North Vietnam and South Vietnam by the Geneva accords
- Joint warfare in South Vietnam 1964-1968 : The period of the Vietnam War in which large numbers of foreign ground troops, primarily but not exclusively U.S., allied with the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam against the People's Army of Viet Nam and the Viet Cong
- National Highway 14 (Vietnam) : A highway connecting Ban Me Thuot, Pleiku, Kontum and Thua Thien, in central Vietnam
- Pleiku : The capital of Gia Lai Province of Vietnam; headquarters of the II Corps tactical zone during the Vietnam War
- South Vietnam's ground war, 1972-1975 : That period during which South Vietnam fought North Vietnam without the assistance of U.S. ground troops
- Stanley Larsen : Lieutenant general of the U.S. Army, who commanded II Field Force of the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam, a corps-sized unit in the Central Highlands, during the buildup of U.S. ground forces in the Vietnam War. He later commanded the Sixth United States Army in the Presidio of San Francisco.
- Vietnamese Communist grand strategy : Add brief definition or description
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.