National Highway 9 (Vietnam)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to National Highway 9 (Vietnam), or pages that link to National Highway 9 (Vietnam) or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/National Highway 9 (Vietnam). Needs checking by a human.
- Ho Chi Minh trail : A complex of roads and other facilities, from North Vietnam to South Vietnam via Laos and Cambodia, used to infiltrate military forces into the South
- I Corps tactical zone : The geographic command, under the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam, for the northernmost provinces of South Vietnam. It directly faced North Vietnam across the Demilitarized Zone, as well as having an important boundary with Laos.
- Laos : A country in Southeast Asia that was part of French Indochina, located northeast of Thailand and west of Vietnam, with short borders to Burma, Cambodia and China
- National Highway 1 (Vietnam) : Stretching from the Chinese border into the Mekong Delta, this is the main north-south road of Vietnam.
- Nguyen Chi Thanh : Senior General in the People's Army of Viet Nam and commander of forces in South Vietnam; believed to have planned the General Offensive-General Uprising, but died in 1967, before its possible realization in the Tet Offensive
- Operation Lam Son 719 : During the process of Vietnamization, the first major ground action carried out by Army of the Republic of Viet Nam soldiers operating independently of U.S. ground troops. It was a failure.
- Quang Tri Province : A province in present-day north central Vietnam, which was the northernmost province of South Vietnam, and remains one of the most war-damaged parts of the country
- South Vietnam's ground war, 1972-1975 : That period during which South Vietnam fought North Vietnam without the assistance of U.S. ground troops
- Thailand : Southeast Asian country (capital Bangkok), with a constitutional monarchy, often democratic government, and a relatively strong economy; population about 67 million.
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.