Nguyen Chi Thanh/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Nguyen Chi Thanh, or pages that link to Nguyen Chi Thanh or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Nguyen Chi Thanh. Needs checking by a human.
- Bui Tin : A Senior Colonel in the People's Army of Viet Nam, serving as a staff officer and a journalist for official publications, who was later exiled for his writings on the war
- General Offensive-General Uprising : A series of strategic concepts, still not fully understood in the West, from the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, differing from Chinese and Soviet doctrine, and focused on creating the conditions for victory in first 1965, and then 1968. The eventual execution did not succeed, and caused a change in strategic direction, as well as shifts in power in the Party, after the Tet Offensive.
- Ho Chi Minh : Vietnamese communist and nationalist leader and revolutionary (1890–1969); president of North Vietnam 1946–1969.
- Joint warfare in South Vietnam 1964-1968 : The period of the Vietnam War in which large numbers of foreign ground troops, primarily but not exclusively U.S., allied with the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam against the People's Army of Viet Nam and the Viet Cong
- People's Army of Viet Nam : The Communist military forces originally of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (i.e., North Vietnam), and then of the country after it was forcibly reunified in 1975.
- Pham Van Dong : Early Indochinese revolutionary, and then Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North) and the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam for 30 years
- Tet Offensive : A Communist offensive in the Vietnam War, possibly part of a larger strategy, in early 1968. The attackers suffered massive casualties and held no ground, but they achieved the turning of U.S. political opinion against continuing large-scale involvement in the war.
- Tran Van Tra : General officer of the People's Army of Viet Nam, serving from 1954 to the fall of South Vietnam, who has been in some disfavor for writing a frank history of the North Vietnamese side.
- Vietnamese Communist grand strategy : Add brief definition or description
- Vo Nguyen Giap : The most prominent general of the Viet Minh, the People's Army of Viet Nam, and eventually Defense Minister and Politburo member of North Vietnam