Quang Tri Province/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Quang Tri Province, or pages that link to Quang Tri Province or to this page or whose text .
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.
- Provinces of Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Battle of Khe Sanh : While there had been fighting at Khe Sanh as early as 1964, with U.S. forces arriving in 1966, the main Battle of Khe Sanh ran from January to April 1968, capturing attention before the start of the Tet offensive at the end of January
- Laos : A country in Southeast Asia that was part of French Indochina, located northeast of Thailand and west of Vietnam, with short borders to Burma, Cambodia and China
- Quang Binh Province : Add brief definition or description
- Thua Thien-Hue Province : Third largest city of Vietnam, which was the capital of the classic Empire of Annam and is considered the cultural center of the country.
- South China Sea : A part of the Pacific Ocean surrounded by nations of Southeast Asia and East Asia, important for navigation but also for small islands over which resource and sovereignty disputes exist