Tran Van Huong/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Tran Van Huong, or pages that link to Tran Van Huong or to this page or whose text .
- Republic of Vietnam : The Republic of Vietnam (RVN) (1954-1975; commonly called South Vietnam (SVN)) is the political entity created by the Geneva Accords of 1954 that partitioned French Indochina. The Republic of Vietnam ended in 1975 at the end of the Vietnam War.
- Ngo Dinh Diem : President of the Republic of Vietnam from shortly after its creation, to his overthrow and death in the Vietnam War, Buddhist crisis and military coup of 1963. He was of the Catholic minority, ascetic and autocratic, and strongly anti-Communist
- Nguyen Khanh : An Army of the Republic of Vietnam general who led the 1964 coup that overthrew the 1963 coup that replaced Ngo Dinh Diem, but was subsequently deposed and left the country in 1965
- Nguyen Cao Ky : Republic of Vietnam Air Force general, active in military coups, who served as Premier and member of several juntas
- Phan Khac Suu : Add brief definition or description
- Maxwell Taylor : U.S. Army officer who commanded Airborne units in the Second World War, he rose to full general and Chief of Staff of the Army. Recalled from retirement by John F. Kennedy, he took on a number of politicomilitary roles including Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Ambassador to South Vietnam.
- Nguyen Van Thieu : Vietnamese officer and politician (1923–2001); president of South Vietnam 1967–1975.