Lower house/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Lower house, or pages that link to Lower house or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Lower house. Needs checking by a human.
- Anglo-Irish Treaty : Treaty between the Irish rebel government and the United Kingdom which established the Irish Free State, and played the greatest role in igniting the Irish Civil War.
- Bertie Ahern : The longest serving Taoiseach (Prime Minister) in the history of Ireland. The tenth Taoiseach, 1997-2008.
- Bicameral legislature : A legislature divided into two deliberative bodies.
- Dublin : "The capital city of Ireland, which has had several other cities and towns named after it."
- Dáil Éireann : The lower house of the Oireachtas (parliament) of Ireland.
- Easter Rising : A revolt against the Anglo-Irish union, starting on Easter Monday, 1916
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- House of Commons (United Kingdom) : The primary legislative chamber of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
- House of Commons (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Irish Free State : Dominion of the British Empire between 1922-1948. Formed following the ratification of the Anglo-Irish Treaty, ended with the declaration of the Republic of Ireland in 1948.
- Irish War of Independence : The conflict between the forces of the provisional government of the Irish Republic and Britain which took place between January 1919 and July 1921.
- Member of Parliament (UK) : An elected representative in the House of Commons (the lower house of the legislative branch of government in the UK); they represent the public, debate legislation, vote on whether a bill should become law, and serve on various committees.
- Members' Lobby : Hallway in the Palace of Westminster used by members of the House of Commons, that may congregate here for discussions while not dealing with other business.
- Mexico : A country in North America, bordering the United States on the north and Guatemala and Belize on the south.
- Parliament of the United Kingdom : The supreme legislative body in the United Kingdom its territories.
- Resigning from the UK Parliament : Legal issues which govern leaving the House of Commons and House of Lords.
- Seanad Éireann : Add brief definition or description
- Speaker of the House of Commons (UK) : chair of the United Kingdom's lower house of Parliament, responsible for keeping debates to order and ensuring that proper parliamentary procedure is followed; also represents the Commons to the House of Lords, other parliamentary groups and the public.
- Teachta Dála : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. House of Representatives : The lower house of the United States Congress.
- Upper house : One of two chambers of a bicameral legislature.