From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Insecticide, or pages that link to Insecticide or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Insecticide. Needs checking by a human.
- Agriculture : The process of producing food, feed, fiber and other goods by the systematic raising of plants and animals.
- Beetle : Beetles are insects that have elytra, which are modified fore wings that are hard and shell-like and protect the hind wings.
- Bee : Flying insects of the order hymenoptera, closely related to wasps and ants.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Cholinesterase inhibitor : Chemicals that block the action of the enzyme cholinesterase, which breaks down the neurotransmitter acetylcholine; continuous presence of acetylcholine causes continuous muscle contraction
- Cotton : Crop widely used for production of clothing fabric.
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Imidacloprid : A chloronicotinyl insecticide that acts on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor.
- Insect : One of numerous small arthropod animals with six legs, an exoskeleton that grows by molting, and oftentimes wings.
- Maize : Cereal grain domesticated in Mesoamerica and subsequently spread throughout the world, and one of the most widely grown crops in the Americas.
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine : Award conferred once a year by the Swedish Karolinska Institute, for physiology or medicine, since 1901.
- Pollinator decline : The reduction in abundance of pollinators in many ecosystems worldwide.
- South Carolina : A State in the South-eastern USA.