From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Bee. Needs checking by a human.
- Africanized bee : Hybrids of the African honey bee, Apis mellifera scutellata, with various European honey bees.
- Animal : A multicellular organism that feeds on other organisms, and is distinguished from plants, fungi, and unicellular organisms.
- Antarctica : The Earth's southernmost continent, located almost entirely south of the Antarctic Circle; covers the South Pole.
- Antigen : A molecule that induces an immune response, such as bee pollen or proteins from viruses or bacteria.
- Ant : Social insects in the family formicidae, order hymenoptera
- Aspasia (orchid) : Is an orchid genus formed by seven species spread from Costa Rica to South Brazil and closely related to the genus Miltonia.
- Beekeeping : The management and maintenance of colonies of honeybees.
- Bifrenaria : A genus of orchids formed by circa twenty species of South America, some widely cultivated because of their large and colored flowers; divided in two distinct groups, one with large flowers and short inflorescences and the other with small flowers and long inflorescences.
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Flower : The part of a flowering plant (angiosperm) containing its reproductive organs.
- Halictidae : Family of small to midsize bees (in Hymenoptera) which are usually dark-colored and often metallic in appearance.
- Historical examples of military swarming : A military paradigm that refers to a continuous series of coordinated attacks, each of relatively short duration, which tend to exhaust and overwhelm the opponent's command and control capabilities.
- Human uniqueness : A theoretical concept in evolutionary studies, often used in discussions about the evolution of biological traits found in humans.
- Loefgrenianthus : A monotypic genus of orchids from Southeast and Southern Brazil closely related to Leptotes.
- Orchid : Any plant classified under Orchidaceae, one of the largest plant families and the largest among Monocotyledons.
- Pollenizer : The plant that provides pollen for pollination of another plant
- Pollen : Fine to coarse powder consisting of microgametophytes, which produce the male gametes of seed plants.
- Pollinator : Biotic vector that moves pollen from the male anthers of a flower to the female stigma of a flower to accomplish fertilization or syngamy of the female gamete in the ovule of the flower by the male gamete from the pollen grain.
- Rheumatoid arthritis : A chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disorder that causes the immune system to attack the joints.
- Scuticaria : A genus of orchids, closely related to Bifrenaria, formed by nine showy species of cylindrical leaves, which exist in three isolated areas of South America.
- Sex-determination system : A biological process that determines the development of sexual gender.
- Swarming (military) : A method of military attacking using multiple attack forces against an opponent, which act in an autonomous but synchronized manner, with real-time communications for their coordination
- The Origin of Species : 1859 book by Charles Darwin expounding the theory of evolution through natural selection