From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Pollenizer, or pages that link to Pollenizer or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Pollenizer. Needs checking by a human.
- Apple (tree) : Pomaceous fruit of an apple tree, species Malus domestica, family Rosaceae.
- Bee : Flying insects of the order hymenoptera, closely related to wasps and ants.
- Pollen : Fine to coarse powder consisting of microgametophytes, which produce the male gametes of seed plants.
- Pollination management : Horticultural practices that accomplish or enhance pollination of a crop, to improve yield or quality, by understanding of the particular crop's pollination needs, and by knowledgeable management of pollenizers, pollinators, and pollination conditions.
- Pollination : Process by which pollen is transferred in plants from the male reproductive organ (stamen or staminate cone) to the female reproductive organ (pistil or pistillate cone), thereby enabling fertilisation and sexual reproduction.
- Pollinator : Biotic vector that moves pollen from the male anthers of a flower to the female stigma of a flower to accomplish fertilization or syngamy of the female gamete in the ovule of the flower by the male gamete from the pollen grain.