From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Pollination, or pages that link to Pollination or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Pollination. Needs checking by a human.
- Animal : A multicellular organism that feeds on other organisms, and is distinguished from plants, fungi, and unicellular organisms.
- Apple (tree) : Pomaceous fruit of an apple tree, species Malus domestica, family Rosaceae.
- Aspasia (orchid) : Is an orchid genus formed by seven species spread from Costa Rica to South Brazil and closely related to the genus Miltonia.
- Beekeeping : The management and maintenance of colonies of honeybees.
- Beetle : Beetles are insects that have elytra, which are modified fore wings that are hard and shell-like and protect the hind wings.
- Bee : Flying insects of the order hymenoptera, closely related to wasps and ants.
- California : A state of the United States located on the west coast of the North American continent.
- Classical plant breeding : The application of genetic principles to improve cultivated plants.
- Column (botany) : is a structure found in the flowers of some plant families such as Aristolochiaceae, Orchidaceae, and Stylidiaceae, which is the result of the fusion of all sexual parts of the flower into a single organ.
- Cotton : Crop widely used for production of clothing fabric.
- Dacrydium cupressinum : A large evergreen coniferous tree endemic to the forests of New Zealand.
- Ecosystem : A space in which multiple biological species interact.
- Flower : The part of a flowering plant (angiosperm) containing its reproductive organs.
- Greenhouse : aka hothouse, glasshouse, conservatory - indoor or outdoor rooms, or a free-standing building, designed to maintain stable levels of light, warmth and humidity. Compare shadehouse.
- Insect : One of numerous small arthropod animals with six legs, an exoskeleton that grows by molting, and oftentimes wings.
- Leptotes (orchid) : A genus of orchids formed by nine small species that exist primarily in the dry jungles of South and Southeast Brazil.
- Maine : A State in New England, in the north-east USA.
- Migration (agriculture) : In pre-agricultural hunter-gatherer societies, the practice of following biological migration of game animals or successive maturation of wild food plants.
- Orchid : Any plant classified under Orchidaceae, one of the largest plant families and the largest among Monocotyledons.
- Peach : The popular fruit produced by the tree Prunus persica.
- Pollenizer : The plant that provides pollen for pollination of another plant
- Pollen : Fine to coarse powder consisting of microgametophytes, which produce the male gametes of seed plants.
- Pollination management : Horticultural practices that accomplish or enhance pollination of a crop, to improve yield or quality, by understanding of the particular crop's pollination needs, and by knowledgeable management of pollenizers, pollinators, and pollination conditions.
- Pollinator decline : The reduction in abundance of pollinators in many ecosystems worldwide.
- Pollinator : Biotic vector that moves pollen from the male anthers of a flower to the female stigma of a flower to accomplish fertilization or syngamy of the female gamete in the ovule of the flower by the male gamete from the pollen grain.
- South Carolina : A State in the South-eastern USA.
- Squash (food) : Annual herbaceous plants of the genus Cucurbita.