From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Antarctica, or pages that link to Antarctica or to this page or whose text .
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Continent : An extended part of the Earth's crust that extends above sea level.
- Australian Antarctic Territory : Part of Antarctica claimed by Australia, covering 42% of it's land mass.
- McMurdo Station : The largest research station in the Antarctic.
- South Pole (terrestric) : Add brief definition or description
- South Pole (geomagnetic) : Add brief definition or description
- Arctic : The region of the Earth so far north that at least one day of the year the sun is below the horizon
- Australia : Continent in the Southern Hemisphere and the federal parliamentary nation that occupies it.
- Bouvet Island : A glacier-clad Island between Africa and Antarctica.
- Carbon capture and storage : An approach to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases by capturing carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Glacier : Bodies of flowing ice that form when more snow accumulates each year than melts.
- Henry Larsen : Polar explorer and RCMP officer.
- Icebreaker Nathaniel Palmer : An American Research Vessel.
- Penguin : Large-bodied flightless birds found from their southernmost range on Antarctica to north on the Galapagos Islands at the equator.
- Permafrost : Soil at or below the freezing point of water (0 °C or 32 °F) for two or more years.
- Research vessel Astrolabe : French icebreaker engaged in research, in Antarctic waters.
- North Pole (terrestric) : Add brief definition or description
- North Pole (geomagnetic) : Add brief definition or description
- Roald Amundsen : (1872-1928) Polar explorer.
- Robert Falcon Scott : Add brief definition or description
- Atlantic Ocean : Second largest ocean in the world; separates the Americas from Europe and Africa.
- Indian Ocean : Body of water bordered on the west by Africa; on the north by Asia; on the east by Indochina, some islands of Indonesia, and Australia; and on the south by the Antarctic Ocean.
- Pacific Ocean : the largest single mass of water in the world, lying between Asia and Australia on its west, and North America and South America on its east.
- Africa : Continent stretching over the equator, hosting deserts, tropical jungles and savannah as well as over fifty nations; population about 900,000,000.
- Asia : The largest continent in both land area (with 30% of Earth's land area) and population (with 4 billion people, or 60% of Earth's population).
- Australasia : Add brief definition or description
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Oceania : A major geographical region of the planet Earth, mostly in the southern hemisphere, consisting of Australasia (the Australian continent and New Zealand), Micronesia, Melanesia and Polynesia.
- South America : The fourth largest of the Earth's continents, one of the pieces that broke up from the former supercontinent Gondwana.