Carbon capture and storage/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Carbon capture and storage, or pages that link to Carbon capture and storage or to this page or whose text .
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Air pollution : The presence of contaminants or pollutant substances in the air (air pollutants) that interfere with human health or welfare, or produce other harmful environmental effects.
- Greenhouse gas : Gases in the atmosphere that absorb and emit long-wave radiation.
- Conventional coal-fired power plant : An industrial plant which produces electricity by burning of coal and air in a steam generator that heats water to produce high pressure steam which then flows through a series of steam turbines that spin an electrical generator to generate electricity.
- FutureGen : Add brief definition or description
- Global warming : The increase in the average temperature of the Earth's near-surface air and oceans in recent decades and its projected continuation.