Human biology/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Human biology, or pages that link to Human biology or to this page or whose text .
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Primate : A member of the biological order Primates, which includes prosimians (galagos, lorises, lemurs and tarsiers), monkeys, apes, and humans.
- Great ape : Add brief definition or description
- Human : Bipedal mammalian species native to most continents and sharing a common ape ancestor with chimpanzees, gorillas and orang-utans; notable for evolving language and adapting its habitat to its own needs.
- Evolution of the human diet : Factors in the development of the human diet in history.
- Human physiology : Science of the workings of the human body and its component parts, at many levels and modes of scientific investigation and at many levels in the heirarchy of the human body’s complex and changing organization.
- Human uniqueness : A theoretical concept in evolutionary studies, often used in discussions about the evolution of biological traits found in humans.
- Evolution of language : Add brief definition or description
- Origin of music : The evolutionary background of the human capacity for music.
- Spoken language : An example of language produced using some of the articulatory organs, e.g. the mouth, vocal folds or lungs, or intended for production by these organs; alternatively, the entire act of communicating verbally - what people mean or intend, the words they use, their accent, intonation and so on.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Psychology : The study of systemic properties of the brain and their relation to behaviour.
- Physical anthropology : The anthropological study of humans as a biological species.
- Culture : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Culture (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.