Evolution of language/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Evolution of language: Add brief definition or description
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Evolution : A change over time in the proportions of individual organisms differing genetically.
- Language : A communication system based on sequences of acoustic, visual or tactile symbols that serve as units of meaning.
- Cognitive evolution : Add brief definition or description
- Evolutionary linguistics : Branch of linguistics that concerns itself with how the human faculty of language evolved; multidisciplinary field involving neurolinguistics, cognitive science, anthropology and others.
- Vocal learning : The ability of an organism to imitate sounds not inborn to it.
- Proto-language : Language that is the recorded or hypothetical ancestor of another language or group of languages.
- Origin of music : The evolutionary background of the human capacity for music.
- Vocal apparatus : Add brief definition or description
- FoxP2 : Add brief definition or description
- Kanzi : Male bonobo at the Great Ape Trust in Des Moines, Iowa, famous for his controversial and apparently exceptional cognitive and linguistic abilities (born 1980).
- Universal grammar : Add brief definition or description
- Human uniqueness : A theoretical concept in evolutionary studies, often used in discussions about the evolution of biological traits found in humans.
- Ethnolinguistics : Add brief definition or description