Traditional Chinese medicine/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Traditional Chinese medicine, or pages that link to Traditional Chinese medicine or to this page or whose text .
- Traditional medicine : Methods of healthcare, not formulated based on scientific models or necessarily having demonstrated efficacy in randomized controlled trials, which still have a long history of safety and presumed efficacy as used in specific cultures
- Complementary and alternative medicine : Set of therapies and treatments not considered mainstream or scientific.
- Integrative medicine : Organized health care that involves willing cooperation between mainstream and complementary medicine
- Acupuncture : A form of alternative medicine that involves inserting and manipulating needles into 'acupuncture points' on the body with the aim of restoring health and well-being.
- Chinese herbal medicine : The therapeutic use of plants or plant extracts to prevent or treat disease; it is most commonly a form of complementary and alternative medicine, following long culturally-specific traditions such as herbalism. Chemically extracted and concentration-controlled plant-derived substances are used in conventional medicine, but are usually not considered phytotherapy.
- Pulse diagnosis : Add brief definition or description