Cytochrome P-450/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Cytochrome P-450, or pages that link to Cytochrome P-450 or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Cytochrome P-450. Needs checking by a human.
- Adrenergic beta-antagonist : Drugs that bind to but do not activate beta-adrenergic receptors thereby blocking the actions of beta-adrenergic agonists. Adrenergic beta-antagonists are used for treatment of hypertension, cardiac arrhythmias, angina pectoris, glaucoma, migraine headaches, and anxiety.
- Antidepressant : Mood-stimulating drugs used primarily in the treatment of affective disorders and related conditions.
- Atenolol : A cardioselective adrenergic beta-antagonist medication for hypertension and angina pectoris.
- Bisoprolol : Cardioselective beta-1-adrenergic blocker, used in the management of hypertension and angina pectoris.
- Clopidogrel : A platelet aggregation inhibitor used to prevent cardiac events
- Colchicine : Poisonous, pale-yellow alkaloid obtained from the seed capsules, corms, and bulbs of the meadow saffron, used in plant breeding to induce chromosome doubling and in medicine to treat gout.
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Drug interaction : A modification of the effect of a drug when administered with another drug.
- Drug toxicity : Manifestations of the adverse effects of drugs administered therapeutically or in the course of diagnostic techniques.
- Genetic polymorphism : Occurrence of different forms, stages, or types in individual organisms or in organisms of the same species, independent of sexual variations.
- Gout : Disturbance of uric-acid metabolism, characterized by painful inflammation of the joints, especially of the feet, from the deposition of urate crystals.
- Hemeprotein : Conjugated metalloprotein containing a metal-porphyrin compound as the prosthetic group.
- Hypertension : A multisystem disease whose hallmark is the elevation of blood pressure.
- Imidacloprid : A chloronicotinyl insecticide that acts on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor.
- Isoenzyme : Enzymes that differ in amino acid sequence but catalyze the same chemical reaction.
- Metoprolol : An adrenergic beta-antagonist useful in angina pectoris, hypertension, or cardiac arrhythmias.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man : Curated database that catalogues all the known diseases with a genetic component, and links them to the relevant genes in the human genome.
- Pharmacogenomics : Branch of genetics which deals with the genetic variability in individual responses to drugs and drug metabolism (biotransformation).
- Porphyria : A diverse group of metabolic diseases characterized by errors in the biosynthetic pathway of heme in the liver, the bone marrow, or both.
- Porphyrin : Class of cyclic compounds in which the parent macrocycle consists of four pyrrole-type units interconnected at their α carbon atoms via a methine bridge, and functioning as a metal-binding cofactor in haemoglobin, chlorophyll, and certain enzymes.
- Propranolol : A drug, C16H21NO2, that blocks beta-adrenergic activity, used to treat hypertension, angina pectoris, and cardiac arrhythmia and to prevent migraine headaches.
- Serotonin syndrome : Potentially fatal drug interaction caused by combining drugs that raise the level of serotonin in the patient's nervous system to dangerously high levels.
- Sympathetic nervous system : Portion of the autonomic nervous system concerned with nonvolitional preparation of the organism for emergency situations.
- Warfarin : Rat poison also used as anticoagulant medication to prevent embolism and thrombosis