From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Metoprolol, or pages that link to Metoprolol or to this page or whose text .
- Adrenergic beta-antagonist : Drugs that bind to but do not activate beta-adrenergic receptors thereby blocking the actions of beta-adrenergic agonists. Adrenergic beta-antagonists are used for treatment of hypertension, cardiac arrhythmias, angina pectoris, glaucoma, migraine headaches, and anxiety.
- Hypertension : A multisystem disease whose hallmark is the elevation of blood pressure.
- Angina pectoris : Add brief definition or description
- Acebutolol : A cardioselective, beta-adrenergic antagonist medication for hypertension and other cardiovascular conditions.
- Atenolol : A cardioselective adrenergic beta-antagonist medication for hypertension and angina pectoris.
- Bisoprolol : Cardioselective beta-1-adrenergic blocker, used in the management of hypertension and angina pectoris.
- Nadolol : Add brief definition or description
- Propranolol : A drug, C16H21NO2, that blocks beta-adrenergic activity, used to treat hypertension, angina pectoris, and cardiac arrhythmia and to prevent migraine headaches.
- Timolol : Add brief definition or description