From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Porphyrin, or pages that link to Porphyrin or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Porphyrin. Needs checking by a human.
- Anabolism : Biological processes that build larger molecules from smaller ones, and increase the size of bones, organs and muscles.
- Cytochrome P-450 : A superfamily of hundreds of closely related hemeproteins found throughout the phylogenetic spectrum, from animals, plants, fungi, to bacteria.
- Hemeprotein : Conjugated metalloprotein containing a metal-porphyrin compound as the prosthetic group.
- Heme : Deep red, nonprotein, ferrous molecule that binds with proteins as a cofactor or prosthetic group to form the haemoproteins.
- List of organic compounds : Add brief definition or description
- Metabolism : The modification of chemical substances by living organisms.
- Porphyria : A diverse group of metabolic diseases characterized by errors in the biosynthetic pathway of heme in the liver, the bone marrow, or both.