British Islands/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
British Islands: Collective legal term for the United Kingdom plus the Crown Dependencies: the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey (including Alderney, Sark and Herm).
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Commonwealth of Nations : An international organisation that evolved out of the British Empire.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- British Isles : Group of islands off the northwest coast of Europe comprising Great Britain, Ireland, and adjacent smaller islands.
- Monarchy of the United Kingdom : The institution, the embodiment of which is the head of state of the United Kingdom.
- Elizabeth II : The present monarch and head of state of the United Kingdom since 1952 (born 1926).
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- History of the United Kingdom : An account of some of the happenings that have contributed to the creation of the country that is now known as the United Kingdom, or informally, Britain.
- Great Britain : The largest part of the United Kingdom, comprising England, Scotland, Wales and islands immediately off their coasts.
- Countries of the United Kingdom : England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales; which form the sovereign state of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- England : The largest and southernmost country in the United Kingdom, and location of the largest city and seat of government, London; population about 51,000,000.
- Scotland : A country that forms the northernmost part of the United Kingdom; population about 5,200,000.
- Wales : A country of the United Kingdom that historically was considered a principality; population about 3,000,000.
- Northern Ireland : Part of the United Kingdom comprising six of the nine counties of the Irish province of Ulster; population about 1,800,000.
- Crown Dependencies : British territories with strong constitutional and historical links to the UK (Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey).
Isle of Man
- Channel Islands : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Channel Islands (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Guernsey : Add brief definition or description
- Jersey : Add brief definition or description
- Alderney : Add brief definition or description
- Sark : Add brief definition or description
- Herm : Add brief definition or description
- Atlantic Ocean : Second largest ocean in the world; separates the Americas from Europe and Africa.
- English Channel : Sea channel running between the south coast of England and the north coast of France.
- North Sea : Part of the Atlantic Ocean, between north-western mainland Europe and Great Britain; important trading and fishing zone, with extensive petroleum and natural gas reserves.