Advanced cardiac life support/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Advanced cardiac life support, or pages that link to Advanced cardiac life support or to this page or whose text .
- Critical care : Health care provided to a critically ill patient during a medical emergency or crisis.
- Emergency medicine : Emergency medicine is both a specific medical specialty dealing with the proper care of patients with unexpected injuries or disease, but also the provision of entire systems for such care, beginning with minimal bystander assistance, through field medicine, emergency rooms and trauma centers, and movement to specialized facilities such as burn units and interventional neuroradiology
- Basic cardiac life support : Add brief definition or description
- Do not attempt resuscitation directive : Add brief definition or description
- Angiography : Radiographic visualization of the internal anatomy of the heart and blood vessels after the intravascular introduction of radiopaque contrast medium.
- Creatinine kinase : Add brief definition or description
- Electrocardiogram : Recording of the electrical activity of the heart on a moving strip of paper.
- Troponin : Muscle proteins that the calcium-binding component in the troponin-tropomyosin B-actin-myosin complex by conferring calcium sensitivity to the cross-linked actin and myosin filaments; subtypes are highly sensitive and specific to cardiac damage
- Adenosine : One of the nucleotides used to build RNA; the deoxy form is used to make DNA.
- Atropine : Add brief definition or description
- Cardioverter : Add brief definition or description
- Diltiazem : Add brief definition or description
- Dopamine : A monoamine neurotransmitter formed in the brain by the decarboxylation of dopa and essential to the normal functioning of the central nervous system.
- Defibrillator : Medical device which applies brief high-voltage electric shock to the heart, to restore a proper rhythm.
- Epinephrine : A hormone (adrenalin) adrenergic systems-stimulator used in asthma and cardiac failure.
- Lidocaine : Add brief definition or description
- Metoprolol : An adrenergic beta-antagonist useful in angina pectoris, hypertension, or cardiac arrhythmias.
- Morphine : The clinical prototype for all pure agonist opioid analgesics; occurs in the native opium poppy; molecule is a derivative of phenanthrene
- Nitroglycerin : A very unstable, shock-sensitive high-explosive which also has medical uses as a vasodilator in heart disease
- Pacemaker : Add brief definition or description
- Thrombolytic : Add brief definition or description
- Advanced trauma life support : Add brief definition or description
- Asystole : Add brief definition or description
- Disaster medicine : Add brief definition or description
- Futile treatment : Add brief definition or description
- Injuries incompatible with life : Add brief definition or description
- Patient self-determination act : Add brief definition or description
- Permissive hypotension : In trauma patients, a precisely titrated method of fluid replacement, using just enough fluid to raise the blood pressure enough to ensure oxygen perfusion of the brain, but not raising the blood pressure to normal, a level found to dislodge clots
- Sudden cardiac death syndrome : Add brief definition or description
- Triage : The process of sorting victims of disease or violence, so the greatest number can be helped with the available resources, and treatment prioritized to have the best chance of preserving life.
- Ventricular fibrillation : Add brief definition or description