Selective breeding/Related Articles
< Selective breedingJump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Selective breeding, or pages that link to Selective breeding or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Selective breeding. Needs checking by a human.
- Africanized bee : Hybrids of the African honey bee, Apis mellifera scutellata, with various European honey bees.
- Agricultural show : A public event showcasing the equipment, animals, sports and recreation associated with the occupations of agriculture and animal husbandry.
- Australian National Kennel Council : Official all-breed kennel club of Australia.
- Cat breed : Infrasubspecific rank for the classification of domestic cats.
- Cat : A feline, particularly the domesticated feline, Felis catus, a small carnivorous mammal.
- Coat (animal) : The pelage of a show animal or a garment design to protect an animal from harsh weather.
- Dog breeding : The vocation of mating carefully selected specimens of the same dog breed in order to reproduce specific, consistently replicable qualities and characteristics.
- Dog breed : A selectively-bred dog group with dependably similar and predictable characteristics.
- Dog grooming : the act of cleaning a dog's coat and external organs both for the sake of appearance and for the animal's health and hygiene.
- Dog : Domesticated canine often kept as a pet or as a working animal and known as 'man's best friend'.
- Domestication : The process of habituating wild animals or plants to live in association with humans, thereby providing us with food, livestock and pets.
- Evolution : A change over time in the proportions of individual organisms differing genetically.
- Fox Terrier : Small to medium-sized hunting terrier developed to rout fox and vermin.
- Genetics : The study of the inheritance of characteristics, genes and DNA.
- Horse : Strong, intelligent equine in domestication for thousands of years and also found in the wild in feral populations.
- Landrace : A grouping of animals or plants with similar characteristics not yet formalised into a consistently replicable breed or cultivated variety.
- Maine Coon : The oldest American breed of long-haired domestic cat.
- Maize : Cereal grain domesticated in Mesoamerica and subsequently spread throughout the world, and one of the most widely grown crops in the Americas.
- Maple : Deciduous tree or shrub of the genus Acer of the North Temperate Zone, having opposite, usually palmate leaves and long-winged fruits borne in pairs.
- Miniature Fox Terrier : A small Australian vermin-routing terrier, developed from 19th Century Fox Terriers and Fox Terrier types.
- Moose (dog actor) : Iconic Jack Russell Terrier (1990 - 2006) best known for portraying "Eddie" on the television series Frasier.
- Purebred : Cultivated varieties or cultivars of an animal species, achieved through the process of selective breeding of individuals of unmixed lineage over many generations.
- Sighthound : A classification of dog breeds with exceptional visual ability, sensitive to sight and motion and originally more reliant on these senses for hunting than on smell or sound.
- Terrier : Add brief definition or description
- The Origin of Species : Add brief definition or description
- True breeding : Add brief definition or description
- Working dog : Add brief definition or description