< MaizeJump to navigation Jump to search
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Maize. Needs checking by a human.
- Agricultural crops : Annual or season's yield of any plant that is deliberately grown in significant quantities to be harvested as food, as livestock fodder, fuel, or for any other economic purpose.
- Agriculture : The process of producing food, feed, fiber and other goods by the systematic raising of plants and animals.
- Amaranth : is a name given to many different flowering herbs in the family Amaranthaceae; its name is from Greek for "unwithering", and it was a symbol of immortality to them.
- Amino acid : Biochemical with an amino group, a carboxyl group, a hydrogen atom, and a side chain bonded to a central carbon.
- Arabidopsis thaliana (Thale Cress) : A small flowering plant widely used by plant biologists as a model organism for basic research. It is a dicotyledonous species and a member of the Brassicaceae or mustard family.
- Barbara McClintock : (1902 – 1992) - American cytogeneticist who won a Nobel Prize in 1983 for the discovery of genetic transposition.
- Bhutan : Landlocked constitutional republic in the Himalayan Mountains.
- Bread : A kind of food made from heated dough.
- Classical plant breeding : The application of genetic principles to improve cultivated plants.
- Crop origins and evolution : History of the origins of agriculture and the evolutionary processes that have affected plants during and after domestication.
- DNA : A macromolecule — chemically, a nucleic acid — that stores genetic information.
- Domestication : The process of habituating wild animals or plants to live in association with humans, thereby providing us with food, livestock and pets.
- Florida, history : Acquired by the U.S. in 1821 and remained a peripheral state until the late 20th century, when migrants from cold-weather areas relocated giving it the 4th largest population by 2000.
- Florida : A State in the south-eastern USA.
- French republican calendar : Calendar instituted by the National Convention after the French Revolution, as a reform of the Gregorian calendar, that would help to divorce the new republic from its Catholic predecessor.
- Genetics : The study of the inheritance of characteristics, genes and DNA.
- Horizontal gene transfer in plants : Any process in which an organism transfers genetic material (i.e. DNA) to another cell that is not its cellular offspring, as distinct from vertical gene transfer where genes are inherited from parents or ancestors in a lineage of cellular organisms.
- Imidacloprid : A chloronicotinyl insecticide that acts on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor.
- John Dickinson : (November 8, 1732 – February 14, 1808) American lawyer and politician who was a militia officer during the American Revolution, a representative to the Continental Congress, and a delegate to the U.S. Constitutional Convention of 1787.
- K'iche' : A Maya ethnic and linguistic group from the highlands of Guatemala, primarily to the north and west of Lake Atitlán.
- Milpa agriculture : A form of swidden agriculture that is practiced in Mesoamerica. Traditionally, a "milpa" plot is planted with maize, beans, and squash.
- Mobile DNA : Blocks of DNA that are able to move and insert into new locations throughout the genome without needing DNA sequence similarity or requiring the process of homologous recombination to enable movement.
- Model organism : Species often used in research as models for the study of biological processes.
- Mămăligă : Add brief definition or description
- Northern Rhodesia : Add brief definition or description
- Plant breeding : Add brief definition or description
- Plymouth Colony : Add brief definition or description
- Retrotransposon : Add brief definition or description
- South Africa : Add brief definition or description
- Three Sisters : Add brief definition or description
- Tortilla : Add brief definition or description
- Transposon : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Civil War, Origins : Add brief definition or description
- Ugandan cuisine : Add brief definition or description
- Welcome to Citizendium : Add brief definition or description
- Wheat : Add brief definition or description