Catalog of lemurs
I'd just like to suggest that the list of lemurs in this article instead go into Catalog of lemurs. I'd also suggest that the catalog and an image gallery be one and the same. —Stephen Ewen (Talk) 20:27, 11 August 2007 (CDT)
- That's fine with me - what I was trying to do with this was just to begin building stubs that have some substance so some fine young grad students who are experts on lemurs might just start filling in the blanks. By the way, my strategy - if one could call it that - is to try and make a number of large articles - like the work in progress Primate - create lots of potential links and then begin building stubs such as this. Do you think that's the right way to go about it?
Lee R. Berger 03:20, 12 August 2007 (CDT)
- By the way - where do you search for images here? I'm just downloading my own at this time but would love to source others. I see we cannot get wikimedia commons images??
Lee R. Berger 03:24, 12 August 2007 (CDT)
- You can of course go on with that strategy, I suspect others will come along--at some point--and take the lists and make catalogs out of them, which will also serve well for making articles of each red link.
- As to WM Commons images, see Help:Images#Images_from_Wikipedia.2C_Wikimedia_Commons.2C_Flickr.2C_Openphoto.net.2C_etc..
- CZ does not have an image Commons, although it might be a good idea at some point, and given a real names policy and high standards of documentation, reputable publishers would actually feel confident to use the images. CZ is largely reliant upon external image sources at this point. However, unlike WP which only permits commercial- and derivative-allowable images, you may use images regardless of the type of free content license it has--non-commercial and no derivas images are fine, although the freer the better is always nice. As well, copyrighted images used by permission are acceptable. See Category:All media and Help:Images for more.
- I'm heading to Madagascar in two weeks and will take a bunch of high res photos of lemurs ot work on the gallery. I'll also begin uploading my large file of African mammal pics - I had been uploading them to wikimedia commens but will begin to do so here instead. One thing, I noticed that the upload here doesn't like even medium res pics - it wants very low res images - is this a factor of bandwith on the site at present?
Lee R. Berger 10:09, 12 August 2007 (CDT)